Updated: 15 Aug 2019
BY ACCESSING THE COMPANY PRODUCTS OR BY UTILIZING THE COMPANY SERVICES YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY 'The Simpler Living' TERMS AND CONDITIONS POLICY AND SUB-POLICIES, WHICH INCLUDE THIS POLICY. GLOSSARY OF KEY TERMS CAN BE FOUND IN THE OPERATIONS POLICY.
The Company values your privacy and committed to protecting it. This policy covers all aspects of 'The Simpler Living' including the website http://go-home.sg/, mobile applications and associated products/services and is applicable worldwide.
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland.
The Company will be a Processor of data that is entered into 'The Simpler Living' when the data is used for matching to a specific job, applying for a job, matching during a conference, scheduling for an interview, conducting an interview, archiving an interview for follow up. In addition, the data will be processed when it is used for internal business purposes and when it is de-identified and/or aggregated for external use. If you have any questions about whether any of foregoing applies to you, please contact us using the information set forth in the “Contact Us” section below.
We may collect, either as Controller or Processor, the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or otherwise interact with our Service:
- User Name
- Mobile Number
- Profile Image
- Birth Date
- Credit/debit card information
- Social Media Information (Based on what information you provide)
We collect and retain, generally as a Processor and in order to provide the Services, Personal Data and other information you upload, provide, or create while using the Service ("User-Generated Information"), including information related to:
- Profiles: Your job profile information will be used to match you to jobs, facilitate the interviewing process and improve the quality of the overall system.
- Chat Messages: The functionality exist to send chat messages to interviewers, however we do not recommend sending protected information across this chat.
- Support: 'The Simpler Living' staff may have to access your information, but are only authorized to do so in direct support of their role.
When you download and use 'The Simpler Living', we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”). We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about new jobs, events, promotions, system messages or any item we deem worth sending you a notification about. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you can turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your user agreement with us that allows us to provide you with the Products) and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. our users),
We process Personal Data when you use our website and mobile applications to use or sign-up to use 'The Simpler Living' for purposes such as:
- Account configuration
- Account maintenance
- Hosting and storing personal data
- Personalizing, improving or operating our Service and business
- Fulfilling requests you make related to the Service
- Protecting, investigating and deterring against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity
- Providing reports based on information collected from use of our Service
- Processing your orders and deliver the Service that you have ordered
- Providing support and assistance for our Service
- Providing the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content
- Providing the ability to contact you
- Providing customer feedback and support
- Complying with our contractual and legal obligations, resolving disputes with users, enforcing our agreements
We process Personal Data when you visit our website to:
- To keep you up to date on the latest Product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information
- To provide customer feedback and support
- To provide and administer opt-in contests, sweepstakes or other marketing or promotional activities on the http://go-home.sg/ or affiliate websites
- Providing you with information and offers from us or third parties
- To the extent you choose to participate, to conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users
- To support recruitment inquiries
- To personalize marketing communications and website content based on your preferences, such as in response to your request for specific information on products and services that may be of interest
- To contact individuals that you refer to us and identify you as the source of the referral, in accordance with the “Referral” section below
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our products, you represent that you have their consent to provide us your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the website. Unless we are authorized by your friend, we will only use your friend’s name and email address for the purposes of sending this one-time email and maintaining an activity log of our referral program.
You can choose whether to provide Personal Data to The Company, but note that you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services if they require Personal Data that you have not provided or remove in the future. You can sign-up, and therefore consent, to receive email or newsletter communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving these communications, you can update your preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in such emails or by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data. You can also find all personal data in the profile section after logging into 'The Simpler Living'.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your 'The Simpler Living' account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems. Data subjects who want their data deleted can do so by deleting the information when logged into their account. Requested deletion will delete all account usage and related information. If your account is locked or inaccessible and would like your data deleted, please contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data. However, this will require us to deleted your data. Please refer to the Erasure section for more details.
- Portability: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, we will have to delete your information to comply.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about The Company’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Under certain circumstances we will not be able to fulfill your request, such as if it interferes with our regulatory obligations, affects legal matters, we cannot verify your identity, or it involves disproportionate cost or effort, but in any event we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and provide you an explanation. In order to make such a request of us, please contact us at:
How long we retain your Personal Data depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process the data. We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our Products may not support Do Not Track requests, which means that we collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Products and after you leave our properties.
We collect information about where you are located when you are using 'The Simpler Living'. We use this information for purposes such as optimizing your connection to our data center, supporting compliance, and suggesting customizations to your experience with our Products (e.g. your language preference).
We do not sell or rent your individual Personal Data to third parties for any purposes, including marketing. Personal Data may be de-identified and aggregated and used to improve the user experience or help improve interviewing in aggregate by third parties.
We share Personal Data within The Company and with third party service providers for purposes of data processing and/or storage.
We also share Personal Data with business partners, service vendors and/or authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide requested Products or transactions, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, job searching, interviewing and providing customer support.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Data as set forth in this policy. As required by law, we may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal process by disclosing your Personal Data and other related information, if necessary. We also may use Personal Data and other related information to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We collect and possibly share Personal Data and any other additional information available to us in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of The Company's terms and conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
The Company is committed to protecting the Personal Data you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When we transfer credit card information over the Internet, we protect it using Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology.
We recommend you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Data, you can contact us at:
Our websites and services may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or services you use.
Our Products are hosted and operated in Singapore and the United States and through The Company and its service providers. We may transfer your Personal Data to Singapore, the United States, to any 'The Simpler Living' affiliate worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. By using any of our Products or providing any Personal Data for any of the purposes stated above, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Data, whether provided by you or obtained through a third party, to Singapore and the United States as set forth herein, including the hosting of such Personal Data on servers.